Suspected Stockton serial killer Wesley Brownlee charged with 3 counts of murder

Suspected Stockton serial killer Wesley Brownlee charged with 3 counts of murder

The man arrested in connection with the recent serial killings in Stockton is being charged with three counts of murder, among other charges, according to a criminal complaint. He will appear in court on Tuesday afternoon. Wesley Brownlee, 43, was arrested Saturday morning “while out hunting,” Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden said at a news conference.| DIG DEEPER | Stockton serial killings: Everything we know and don’t know so far about the victims and suspectCourt documents obtained by KCRA 3 show that Brownlee is being charged with the murders of Jonathan Rodriguez Hernandez, Juan Cruz and Lawrence Lopez, previously identified as Lorenzo Lopez. Hernandez Rodriguez was killed Aug. 30, Cruz was killed Sept. 21 and Lopez was killed Sept. 27. | MORE | What we’re learning about victims of the Stockton serial killings The other counts include being a felon in possession of a fiream, as well as possession of ammunition. Brownlee is being held on no bail, with his next arraignment set for Nov. 14. Stockton police previously said they believed two other murders, that of 35-year-old Paul Alexander Yaw and 43-year-old Salvador William Debudey Jr., were also connected to the serial killings, but Brownlee currently is not charged with their deaths. Authorities also believe a deadly shooting in Oakland and an attempted homicide of a Stockton woman are also connected to the serial killings. “We charged the cases today because we believe we have sufficient evidence to pursue these charges and prove them beyond a reasonable doubt. We are also confident that additional charges will be added,” said District Attorney Tori Verber-Salazar in a news conference after Brownlee appeared in short. | MORE | 2 more shootings linked in Stockton serial killings; woman survived 2021 attackStockton police have confirmed that ballistics tests have linked the shootings to one another, but police are not saying if all shootings are linked to the same gun.”We would like to remind the public that this investigation is ongoing and in no way does our charging determination today end or conclude this investigation. We have more work to do,” Verber-Salazar said. She said he is a truck driver who recently moved from the Oakland area to Stockton where he has some relatives. Brownlee was caught driving on Winslow Way and Village Green Drive. He was wearing dark clothing with a mask around his neck and was armed with a firearm in his waistband, police confirmed to KCRA 3.Brownlee is believed to have lived in Stockton off and on, while also living in other cities, and has a criminal record. According to public records, Brownlee has a criminal history in California and Arizona connected to past drug violations, traffic violations, and a DUI.| RELATED | What was suspected Stockton serial killer Wesley Brownlee’s criminal history before slayings?Police said that Brownlee is the only suspect in the case “at this time.”They had previously said they weren’t sure whether one person or more than one person had been involved .

The man arrested in connection with the recent serial killings in Stockton is being charged with three counts of murder, among other charges, according to a criminal complaint. He will appear in court on Tuesday afternoon.

Wesley Brownlee, 43, was arrested Saturday morning “while out hunting,” Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden said at a news conference.

| DIG DEEPER | Stockton serial killings: Everything we know and don’t know so far about the victims and suspects

Court documents obtained by KCRA 3 show that Brownlee is being charged with the murders of Jonathan Rodriguez Hernandez, Juan Cruz and Lawrence Lopez, previously identified as Lorenzo Lopez.

Hernandez Rodriguez was killed Aug. 30, Cruz was killed Sept. 21 and Lopez was killed Sept. 27.

| MORE | What we’re learning about victims of the Stockton serial killings

The other counts include being a felon in possession of a fiream, as well as possession of ammunition.

Prosecutors said that Brownlee used a ghost gun for the three murders he was charged with. Brownlee is being held on no bail, with his next arraignment set for Nov. 14.

Stockton police previously said they believed two other murders, that of 35-year-old Paul Alexander Yaw and 43-year-old Salvador William Debudey Jr., were also connected to the serial killings, but Brownlee currently is not charged with their deaths.

Authorities also believe a deadly shooting in Oakland and an attempted homicide of a Stockton woman are also connected to the serial killings.

The District Attorney’s Office is still investigating the three other murders.

“We charged the cases today because we believe we have sufficient evidence to pursue these charges and prove them beyond a reasonable doubt. We are also confident that additional charges will be added,” said District Attorney Tori Verber-Salazar in a news conference after Brownlee appeared in short.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

| MORE | 2 more shootings linked in Stockton serial killings; woman survived 2021 attack

Stockton police have confirmed that ballistics tests have linked the shootings to one another, but police are not saying if all shootings are linked to the same gun.

“We would like to remind the public that this investigation is ongoing and in no way does our charging determination today end or conclude this investigation. We have more work to do,” Verber-Salazar said.

She said he is a truck driver who recently moved from the Oakland area to Stockton where he has some relatives.

Brownlee was caught driving on Winslow Way and Village Green Drive. He was wearing dark clothing with a mask around his neck and was armed with a firearm in his waistband, police confirmed to KCRA 3.

Brownlee is believed to have lived in Stockton off and on, while also living in other cities, and has a criminal record. According to public records, Brownlee has a criminal history in California and Arizona connected to past drug violations, traffic violations, and a DUI.

| RELATED | What was suspected Stockton serial killer Wesley Brownlee’s criminal history before slayings?

Police said that Brownlee is the only suspect in the case “at this time.”

They had previously said they weren’t sure whether one person or more than one person had been involved.

.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *